Tuesday, November 1, 2016

burn the white flag.

I have written this blog too many times to count... I think they are for another place and another time. I don't know how the puzzle fits together and the entries are full of raw emotion and a bit of unhinged-thinking. I've decided to keep it simple there are too many moving parts to go off on a rant.


Yes, I know it has been too long. Yes, I realize this needs to be done. No, I don't want to. Yes, I know I need to.

The last time I wrote I was on my way to get gamma-knifed. Post gamma-knife went better than I would have guessed. Other than making my family pose for pictures with me while I was under general sedation and had a medieval looking brace screwed into my head.  Lolli got a bit bigger, then she was on her way out. I have had brain MRIs every 6 months since I was knifed: Lolli began shrinking, turning from a golf-ball to a shrimp, to a pencil eraser size piece of inactive scar tissue. So to sum it up, #lollibdead

I have had multiple PET scans (each separated 6 months apart). The scans are keeping an eye on any changes in my body... cancer trying to show up. There have been no active signs of cancer. Let me repeat: #lollibdead, #endstagecancerfree.

I don't have cancer.

I don't have another PET in 6 months.....I have one in 1 year! My oncologist still feels strongly that Lolli was a result of a few cells breaking off and making their way to my brain. The treatments in the past never breached the blood/brain barrier. In essence allowing those cells to grow for 5 years unchecked, until I had the seizure..... then I gamma-knifed, chemo pills that did breach the barrier (I was only able to do them for a few months, my body couldn't keep it together).

Yesterday, I received the latest PET scan results. Clear.

For now, I feel like you can put a bow on the cancer package.

So... I've lost two tumors, one named Lolli, the other named Scott.

I'm a fucking champ.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'd have a few comments if your followers realized that you've decided to update this blog. I accidentally clicked on it today! You're a rock star girl!! So thrilled to read this news, and glad you aren't mourning your marriage. I wish the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM BREAST CANCER.
    I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you done in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Jessica from Orlando, Florida. I was tested breast cancer positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking doc Williams herbal medicine for few week i also got my healing with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem ,you can contact him on Drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there .

    ReplyDelete