Monday, June 6, 2011

cancer made my hair angry

First it began to drop off in sections....the house was full of long strands mixed in with dog hair.  Then we shaved it.......then lost it, then it made me look sicker than I felt, now it is a mix of thick crazy locks and an old school wave.  I am having trouble working with it--so much so that I wore my wig out dancing, which was a poor decision because it was like 100 degrees dancing and there were many times I was tempted to just pull it off and set it in a corner, I restrained myself, but it was very difficult.

So my hair is angry, I get it, I still am too.

One year ago, this month I was diagnosed with cancer.  I can't believe everything that has happened in a years time, it seems unreal, like watching a lifetime movie, where they have to bleep out lots of cuss words, and boob pictures......so maybe it should actually be on showtime.  Either way, here are some snapshots of the past year, Enjoy!!



Cancer Sucks


Yep, they were mine


Surgery Day

from breasts to grenades




I heart Nordstroms

fertility treatments

needles and drains

Chemo Sucks, Parties Don't

ER vists........lots





"oh shit"

pre-hospital



sexy port




crazy baby hair

super big!!! hospital stay


more to come.

9 comments:

  1. <3 You are one of the strongest women I know, and I am blessed to call you a friend. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a year it has been. You are so inspiring, Dori June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here you are on the other side of a whole year! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome! A picture is surely better than a thousand words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get too attached to the curls because they will probably go away and you will have straight or less curly hair. I started with wavy hair, then chemo, then super, super curly and now it is straight and thicker than it was originally. I do like my hair better than before, especially since I really appreciate having it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the one with the boxing gloves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 You guys have been through so much in just a years time; You are amazing and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a ride! Nice to meet You~Vicki here X:-)
    (Ps) My hair has come back the same (twice!)

    ReplyDelete