Wednesday, June 30, 2010

raise hell & raise children

I am a bit tired today, but I wanted to express my love to my girlfriends, so I am going to let Lisa Kogan say it for me:


"I like women. I like them as much or more than I like almost anybody. But the women I like best aren't always strong, and they're certainly not invincible. They are creative, they're idiosyncratic, and they're around if you need them. They complain, they console, and they can shop their way through virtually any crisis. They know how to raise hell and they know how to raise children. They've perfected the withering stare that makes a nasty salesperson, flight attendant, or coworker fold. My favorite women may feel bad about their necks, but they feel pretty damn good about their legs. They do not trash their ex's new squeeze monkey. They've never met a carbohydrate they didn't want to have a close personal relationship with. They brake for sex, sleep, and solitude, cashmere, and caffeine. They've got nerves of steel, the courage of their convictions, and excellent footwear. They're sugar and spice and everything I aspire to. They remain cautiously optimistic. "

Thank you Lisa Kogan.

No comments:

Post a Comment